Saturday, March 26, 2011

March 26 and a breakthrough

Mom, is san caws in da air pane?

Yesterday was a tough day for many reasons, which I won't go into...  This is about memories.
Pumpkin has always been affectionate with us.  He loves hugs and kisses and then a hug again, but last night something changed.  After we got home from the tough day, he slept about 4 hours.  I then went in to wake him up and get him something to eat.  I kept the lights down and carried him into the kitchen to warm up some of the pizza we had ordered.  He loves pizza... And he kept his little head down on my shoulder, put his arm around me and started stroking my back.  This is a kid who will give you hugs and kisses, but then he wants down.  He doesn't like to be held.  In that moment, it felt like something changed - something connected... It felt so good.  I'll treasure that moment forever.  I didn't want to put him down.... but, his favorite pizza was waiting, and we don't want to keep the pizza or hungry tummies waiting :)  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment